Tuesday, November 25, 2025

Need to hurry...

I want to get as much written down as I can before I completely lose these memories, these pieces of who I was and who I am.

Problem is.. I need to find things that will trigger those memories so I can remember that I remember them. Yes, I'm aware of how that sounds rather paradoxical. The memories are still there, they're just increasingly locked behind gates that I can't open without external stimulus.

This is really weird, honestly. This doesn't fit any normal definition of Parkinson's, normal dementia, Alzheimer's, or any other brain disorder that I can find. Some bits and pieces fit all of those, but not completely. The loss of physical coordination definitely fits into those, but still none are really all that close of a match.

I won't be posting anything about these posts on Mastodon, elsewhere, until I'm at the very edge. I don't want people worrying about what they can't change. I'll fight this last battle alone as long as physically possible. Just.. dump what I can remember on the world; maybe it's not very useful to most, but maybe a historian somewhere might pick up something interesting from these memories. I'm sure someone will eventually archive these on Archive.org; maybe even Jason Scott if he's bored enough to look this stuff over at some point.

I don't know how much time I have left, but I do know I need to hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulators

 When my father got the Tandy 1000, he picked up Lode Runner to go with the system as it was something we'd been watching the demo for a...